The Hokkaido Pottery Society has invited the OPA to exhibit 30 pieces to be included in their 2018 exhibit at the Sapporo Contemporary Art Museum, Sapporo, Japan. This is part of a cultural exchange program that started in 2008, when the OPA invited members of the HPS to exhibit at Ceramic Showcase. This will be our third exhibit with the HPS in Sapporo.
“Rooted in Clay- Ceramics from the Pacific Northwest”
The Hokkaido Pottery Society in Sapporo, Japan has invited the OPA to exhibit 30 pieces alongside works by the HPS in their coming 2018 exhibition. The exhibit will be held in the Sapporo Museum of Contemporary Art within the Sapporo Art Park
This will be an exhibit that showcases masterful works reflecting the breadth and scope of our membership and ceramics in the Pacific Northwest.
Download and read very important info in the packet below, with dates and detailed information about the call:
- Application Deadline: Jan 7th, 2018
- Must be images of actual pieces to go to Japan.
- Submit up to three digital images of three individual ceramic pieces.
- Bio for catalogue due with application
- $30 application fee
- 30 pieces will be selected by jurors Brett Binford, Donna Cole, and Wally Schwab
- Deadline to deliver accepted works: Jan 19 (USPS) Jan 21 (hand delivered)
- Artists are NOT required to travel to Japan
- Any OPA member may travel to Japan even if they will not have work in the show. You can participate in group tours and events.
- Participating artists will have image of artwork, headshot and brief bio included with exhibition catalog. All participants will receive a copy of the catalogue.
Please read ALL of the info in the following packet:
Register online to apply, and email your images to email@example.com when you have finished your registration process.
To learn more about Sapporo, and the Art-Park where the exhibit will be, visit: http://www.sapporo.travel/?lang=en