Minnesota Flat Top CAR KILN complete with everything! Contact:Jeanne Henry 503-267-2727, email@example.com, - inner SE Portland
You get: 600 hard brick, 13 hard bible brick, aprox. 840 soft brick. 36 12x24 shelves 2 Advancer, excellent condition, 24 mullite (some new,) 8 Silicone carbide shelves. (sold only with the kiln.)
New stainless stack-double-wall, insulated. Shelves, posts & tracks (see list below.) Burners, safety system, blower, thermocouples. Nils Lou's kiln building & firing instructions plus his layer by layer photos. .
- Roof brackets & kiln cart made by Nils Lou in 1977. His complete instructions, for both building & firing the kiln, plus his layer by layer photos.
- Kiln cart rolls into studio on two 10 ½’ lengths of steel brackets pushed into to two 9’ lengths secured to floor.
- 2 burners, squirrel cage blower system, safety system, thermocouples, (additional lengths of 2” gas lines also available)
- All the shelves & support furniture.
- The 2x4 supports for the roof for building the roof AND a huge right-angle device to true up the sides when building to keep it square
- The stack is almost new, insulated, double wall, on a new hard brick flue with damper.
- Fires with propane or natural gas.
Price: $3,000 if you disassemble. $4,000 if you don’t. If new: Materials only: $12,000- $15,000! (Access from kiln shed, across lawn to driveway.)
NOTE: Online:1/2 size of mine, new Olympic car kiln is $12,000, or $24,000 for larger size. (Neither had track, stack, shelves, burners etc.) Internet says “$25k - $90k.
It’s a very clean burning downdraft kiln. During heavy reduction, you can see clearly to the back wall, if firing right, there is no detectible smoke from the stack or peeps. 10 years ago, I changed recipes and went from cone 10 to cone 6-7. All comes apart to make it taller or shorter to fit your needs. The weight of the stack & compression from the steel rods holds everything together. It’s so easy to load, you can see what you’re doing on 3 sides to load/unload without stressing!
24 12 x 24 good mullite shelves, some almost new 2 12 x 24 Advancer shelves excellent condition (I’m keeping one) 8 12 x 24 silicon carbide shelves Cut hard brick shelf supports in various heights.