2018 OPA Picnic Information:
Save the Date: Sunday, September 16th, noon 'till 5:00
Where: Brenda Scott’s Farm
25251 SE Bohna Park Road
Damascus, OR 97089
What: There will be lots to do!
- We'll have wine tasting from 12:30-1:30!
- We'll feast on BBQ chicken and a delicious pot-luck!
- Discover the surprises as we unload the pit-firing!
- Bring musical instruments and raise our voices in song!
Families and guests welcome. Car-pool when possible.
Please register for this event to have your RSVP sent to Deb Shapiro.
OPA PIT FIRING!
Take part in a free pit firing!
When: Sat. & Sun. September 16 & 17
Beginning at 1:00pm on Sat. the 16th, we will prepare the pit, prepare the pots, load the pit, and fire it off. We should be done by 9:00pm
The following day, at the picnic, we'll unload the pit and share the "oohs and aahs" with all the picnickers
OPA will supply: the pit, burnables, oxides and wrapping to give your pots color, and a skilled pit-firer to lead us through the experience
- Up to 5 BISQUED pots (may be burnished, sanded, or terra-sig) minimum 3" diameter / max 8" diameter
- A sack dinner and drinks (non-alcoholic during the firing, please)
- Folding Chair
Lots more info available after you sign-up. We'll try to get as many pots into the pit as possible.
Space is limited so please RSVP asap (register by August 21 at the latest)
Please register to RSVP for these events and you can mark if you will be attending the picnic (Sunday), pit firing (Saturday) or both.