In this course, Alicia Craft will introduce the fundamentals of ceramic decals: appropriate application, tips to avoid transfer issues, firing work, and problem solving. Alicia will also discuss how she creates the decals she uses within her own work, altering and adjusting imagery for crisp transfers. *Please note, this course will not go in depth on Photoshop or other image editing software which is largely outside of the scope of the allotted time.
1) The variety of decals available to the ceramic artist
2) Decal application and problem solving
3) Firing variables, potential defects, and testing
• Fully fired ceramic item- glazed or unglazed (no bisqueware)
• Pre-made ceramic decals
• Container with clean water
• Clean sponge
The Zoom Demonstration will be recorded and sent out to all registrants if you want to attend but have a scheduling conflict during the live demonstration.
Since this is an online workshop, you will need to have a computer, tablet, or phone that can run video conferencing in a browser or app.
Copyright © 2019 Oregon Potters Association, All rights reserved.Oregon Potters Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.