OPA Bisque Bowls
Gather:Make:Shelter has asked OPA members to join in collaboration
for their end-of-year, gift-giving event. Black and white bowls (underglazed by
GMS houseless members, thrown and bisqued by OPA members)
are specially made for GMS end-of-year giving season.
Want to learn more about Gather:Make:Shelter ? CLICK HERE
Donated bisque bowls will be received by Gather:Make:Shelter and workshops will lead by Dana Louis, and Maddy Dubin at GMS headquarters daily for houseless members to come paint, eat lunch and receive stipends.
Money made by this program goes to support future workshops, provide stipends for our houseless members, help our work with the c3po houseless villages and have shows at the headquarters (featuring artwork made by houseless individuals)
Please RSVP to this event by September 30th to join in for this opportunity.
OPA members sign up by RSVP'ing to this event.
Gather Make Shelter will supply clay
to all ceramic artists and potters that register.
GMS is asking OPA potters
to create 7 to 12 inch wide bowls
using either red or white clays
that fire to cone 6.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FOR PARTICIPATION
Sept 30th: RSVP Deadline
October 30th: Bowl Preparation Deadline
November 1st: Bowl Drop Off Deadline
Gather:Make:Shelter would like to know how much clay each potter would like to receive and how many bowls they plan to make ahead of time.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS REQUIRED FORM TO PARTICIPATE
More Details about this gift-giving event from GMS:
- Customers may order bowls in bulk to be picked up at GMS HQ or delivered ready to ship for a fee
- Bowls are sold in sets of 5 or 10
- Pre Orders made before Sept 19 will be able to pick up bowls by Dec 1
- Limited run ~500
- Bowls will arrive in attractive gift packaging in GMS colors; each bowl includes a card signed by the artist(s) and a short explanation of the project
- The program celebrates the connections between people, highlighting the gratitude of relationships between colleagues as well as connecting recipients to the artists in the project
- Money made by this program goes to support future workshops, provide stipends for our houseless members, help our work with the c3po houseless villages and have shows at the headquarters (featuring artwork made by houseless individuals)